- Some Important News at Samco
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Anne-Marie on September 15th, 2014.
Samco has lost an incredible friend, dedicated employee and a courageous lady.
We wish to extend our deepest sympathy to her brother Joe and family.
The September 2014 release notes are available for download at http://samco.com/support/release-notes/
Please take the time to read them, there are several changes that affect the operation of your accounting software.
Samco Power Accounting, as of version 14.07, has enhanced user access management features.
- For example: Passwords are now required to meet a high level of security and must be changed more frequently.
- There are groups: Normal, Supervisor and Administrator
- Passwords are also no longer visible in plain text. The administrator can reset any users password if forgotten so it is no longer necessary to recover forgotten passwords, just reset it!
- Users may change their own passwords.
Since we have published Samco Power Accounting user manuals online, we have seen a reduction in support calls! This means that you are saving money and learning how to work smarter! Keep up the good work! Interested in reading the user manuals? Follow this link.
Effective September 1st 2014, Samco Software will be updating software in order to comply with the changes outlined below. The update will be available from mid August 2014.
This update will be available to all Payroll users, and release notes will also be made available closer to the release date.
According to the Canada Revenue Agency and the Ontario Government they will implement personal tax increases retroactive to January 1, 2014 for employees earning over $150,000.
Click here to read the Canadian Payroll Association briefing. Below is a table of current and new tax rates and income thresholds.
What else is new at Samco Software Inc?
What is your business technology strategy?
- Is your business’ growth outpacing your software’s capabilities?
- Can your current software do its job during high demand, peak periods?
- Does your software provide the insight you need to make decisions quickly?
- Is your data accurate? Are you prepared for an audit?
- Are your software projects taking longer than you would like to complete?
- Is your current technology infrastructure falling behind the competition?
- Do you know how technology can solve your problems?
For the pas 31 years Samco Software Inc. has helped businesses like yours discover these problems and solve them.
The right accounting software provides you with the benefits of higher efficiency and increased profitability. Highly reliable and secure technology gives you peace of mind. Reap the benefits of new technology.
Contact Samco Software and let us help you discover how you can capitalize on what technology has to offer.