Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Samco Software CAMP plan.
What is C.A.M.P.?
- SAMCO’s Care and Application Maintenance Plan combines up to 1 hour per month support, updates, and upgrades for SAMCO Power Accounting system into one single monthly fee. Rather than paying an annual fee (A.E.P) for software maintenance, and fee-for-service for software support / Help Desk services, one monthly fee covers it all (see below for exceptions).
Is C.A.M.P. mandatory?
- Maintenance should be considered a part of purchasing a software license and, similar to any product, regular maintenance is a necessity to keep it running smoothly and staying up with current technology. Very often, operating systems are upgraded and if applications software is not maintained at current level, it will often fail with the new changes, which is why some kind of Maintenance Plan is required.
If I choose not to enroll in C.A.M.P. but still need help, what are my options?
- Request assistance from an independent SAMCO Power Accounting Reseller, or enroll in C.A.M.P.
What is the minimum subscription term?
- 12 months
What is included with my subscription?
- You’ll receive limited access (up to 1 hour per month) to our Help Desk (both telephone and online), updates and upgrades, Canadian Payroll tax updates, access to on-line knowledge base, you’ll receive access to our regular technology bulletins, and discounts on SAMCO Power Accounting compatible forms. Plus you’ll be eligible to participate in any offered training webinars at no additional cost.
How is the C.AM.P. rate calculated?
- Our formula personalizes the rate by factoring in which modules are enrolled, and prior Help Desk requirements.
What is NOT covered by C.A.M.P.?
- Training, installation of hardware, non-SAMCO application support (Smarterm, VSI*Fax, Microsoft Office, etc.), EDI document preparation, custom programming, importing data, project work, building SQL queries, forms and label design, accounting advice, operating system support, and hardware support.
What if I receive an invoice for services and I think it is covered by C.A.M.P.?
- You will notice on every invoice, there is a footnote that advises you that you have 10 Days to question any invoice and we are more than willing to discuss you concerns you may have. Our system automatically generates our Invoices, so mistakes can occur, but we need to know of any concerns within 10 days. This allows us to discuss the circumstances with the technician(s) who was involved, while it is still reasonably fresh in their mind(s). If we have made a mistake on billing, which is seldom, we will be pleased to adjust it, as long as it is within 10 days of your receiving the invoice(s).
What happens if my subscription lapses?
- If your C.A.M.P. subscription has lapsed for one day or more and you wish to renew, you must pay for any time when you were not on the plan, so we recommend you consider doing so very, very carefully.
What is the renewal process?
- As this is a monthly program you simply sign up and away you go! There’s no need to renew.
Will I receive updates automatically?
- You will usually receive a minimum of 1 update per year. We issue approximately 12 updates over the course of a calendar year which you are entitled to request. Any major updates that have a specific impact to your SAMCO Power Accounting system will be sent to you automatically. If you are licensed for Samco Canadian Payroll, you will receive two (2) updates per year, one for July 1st and one for January 1st updates as required by Government changes.
What are the payment options?
- Pre-authorized payment through either your financial institution, or a valid credit card (MasterCard or Visa only).
What if I add a new module?
- Your new module will be automatically added to your C.A.M.P. subscription, and the monthly fee adjusted accordingly.
Can I cancel my subscription?
- After the initial 12 months, you may cancel your subscription at any time. Be aware that you would no longer be eligible for updates or support on your SAMCO Power Accounting application without additional charge(s) at our then current rate(s).
Can I pay annually as opposed to monthly?
- Yes you can.
What if I discontinue the use of a module?
- Simply let us know which module you wish to discontinue. We’ll update our records, and adjust your monthly billing. We will also need to log into your system and disable the module.
Will you install my updates for me?
- The support component of C.A.M.P. does not allow for the direct installation of updates to some of our Clients, but if we can attach directly to your server/main workstation via HIGH SPEED internet, we will provide and install the updates at no additional charge. However if we cannot connect, our Help Desk will be more than happy to guide you through the process (it’s really quite easy to do).
Are there minimum version requirements to receive support?
- Yes. In order to be able to provide Help Desk services, it’s important that C.A.M.P. subscriber’s software is at a reasonable minimum version. We will regularly update you as to the minimum version requirements.
Do all my modules have to go to C.A.M.P.?
- Yes they do, and they’ll thank you for it too!
To see our comparison between A.E.P. and C.A.M.P., please visit our page here.
Contents and terms are subject to change without notice at Samco Software Inc.’s sole discretion.